What are the Benefits of a Swedish Massage?
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster – internally and externally – than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation
- Reduced fatigue
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Massage and bodywork can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulation of lymph flow – the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Who Can Benefit From Swedish Relaxation Massage?
Anyone whose health does not contraindicate massage can benefit from Swedish relaxation massage.
When used as preventative maintenance, the benefits of massage are limitless!